TMS is a contemporary automated method for direct restorative brain structures neuromodulation through electromagnetic impulses. It is carried out by a computer-controlled, high-tech equipment invented by a leading European microelectronics manufacturer. Developed after long-term clinical research, TMS methodology is currently applied in almost all psychiatric and neurological clinics in Europe, US, Canada, Germany, Israel, Russia, etc.
TMS is a pain-free and side effects-free method initially entered the clinical practice for of nervous system diseases diagnostic and subsequently widely used in neurorehabilitation and treatment fields. Only contraindication for TMS treatment is presence of metal elements in the area of the skull (electrodes, metal plates) or a pacemaker. Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is the only applicable method as per all world guides for treatment of pregnant and breastfeeding women suffering mental disorders.
Significant positive result is observed on drug-resistant mental illnesses. Treatment can be carried out on a pharmacotherapy background, by medication dosage reduction or without medications.
TMS is a suitable treatment method for patients contraindicated for medications due to side effects, allergies, intolerance or due to pharmacophobia.
High efficacy has been proved through long clinical research. An evidence is assumed the fact that the method has already gained wide popularity in university clinics in Europe, United States and in almost all contemporary healthcare countries.
High efficacy is observed in the following diagnosis cases:
- Treatment of depressive and manic syndromes in affective disorders;
- Anxiety disorders (Obsessive – compulsive Disorder, Generalized anxiety disorder, Mixed anxiety-depressive disorder, Acute Stress Reactions, etc.);
- Schizophrenia (Positive and Negative Symptoms);
- Alcoholism and psychoactive substances (narcotic substances) abuse and dependence;
- Severe anxiety and insomnia;
- Dementia (vascular, Alzheimer’s disease dementia, Parkinson’s disease dementia, etc.;
- Burnout syndrome (professional depletion);
- Ischemic Strokes: TMS has good efficacy in post-stroke recovery. Increased movement amplitude of the affected limbs and speech improvement are observed after treatment with TMS. Long term ischemic strokes can be positively affected by TMS.;
- Demyelinating diseases of the nervous system (Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Child Cerebral Palsy (CSD), etc.);
- Neuropathic pain;
- Tinnitus (noise or ringing perception when no external sound is present);
- Epilepsy (especially therapy-resistant cases);
- Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease.;